Job Title: Community Engager
1 x with lived experience of the Polish/ Eastern European community
1 x with lived experience of the LGBTQ+ community
1 x with lived experience of the South Asian community
1 x with lived experience of the Traveller community
Reports To: Red Rose Recovery New You Project Lead
Employer: Red Rose Recovery (New You Sub-Contract)
Base: Red Rose Recovery Preston Hub, Lune Street, Preston, PR1 2NN
Hours: Part-time 0.4 FTE
Salary: £21,000 per year (pro rata)
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Red Rose Recovery has been commissioned by CGL (Change, Grow Live) in North and Central Lancashire as part of their New You Service.
We have specifically been commissioned to increase the number of certain underrepresented communities to increase their numbers receiving treatment for addiction and substance misuse.
The specified communities we have been asked to engage with are:
- Polish/Eastern European
- South Asian
We are ideally looking for people with a lived experience of addiction/substance misuse and recovery from these communities, or who have worked in these communities previously.
We want the successful applicants to use this experience to access and engage with people in these communities to encourage people to access services to improve their health, specifically around alcohol and substances, but not limited to this. We will need to gain the trust of people in these communities and break down the stigma and barriers to accessing treatment. We will then support people to access services or bring services to the individuals.
We may also deliver specific groups for these communities using a Trauma Informed approach to support New You clients through their treatment journey.
This role will be based in Preston but covering communities across Central and North Lancashire.
The Community Engagers will:
- Be based in Preston, but cover across the North and Central Lancashire footprints
- Be accountable to the New You Project Lead
- Work with specific communities to support and encourage people to access services
- Deliver service user groups
- Promote visible recovery
- Promote positive behaviour change, influence individuals and communities to make healthier lifestyle choices
- Help build individual’s recovery capital, empowering them to become more resilient and self-sufficient
- Assist volunteers to carry out Mystery Shopping evaluations of services
- Be an active part of and an advocate of Red Rose Recovery and the Lancashire User Forum
- Accurately record their work on our database
- Ensure legal health and safety compliance at all times.
- To be a strong team member at all times and as an ambassador for Red Rose Recovery and The Lancashire User Forum.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Work flexible across sites as required to maintain a level of service provision.
- To adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Continue to ensure staff adhere to safe working systems and ensure Health & Safety is adhered to at all sites.
- To undertake Trauma training as identified via personal development planning process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Richard on 07921 808 656 or at email@example.com
Download the full Job Specification here: Specialist Community Engager - Job Specification
You can apply online directly through the website by hitting 'Apply Now' or alternatively, you can download the application form by clicking here and once completed, please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org