Job Title: Navigator - Central Lancashire
Reports To: Team Leader
Employer: Red Rose Recovery Lancashire
Base: Preston Office
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: Contract until 31/03/24
Background to Red Rose Recovery
Red Rose Recovery (RRR) was established as a charity in 2012 and has become nationally recognised as a pioneering organisation in developing recovery systems and creating opportunities for people affected by substance misuse, offending behaviours and/or dual diagnosis. We operate across Lancashire and Cumbria and work with a wide range of partner organisations in many different settings to build accessible and inclusive pathways for personal development and recovery. 85% of our staff have personal experience of multiple disadvantage and they provide inspiration and hope to people who are still struggling to find a way forward. RRR also supports and helps co-ordinate the Lancashire User Forum which is the UK’s largest mutual aid forum and active service user group delivering community action and recovery support across the county.
Red Rose Recovery is commissioned for a number of objectives, including
- to establish and develop recovery communities across Lancashire.
- to support people with complex, multiple need challenges and vulnerabilities.
The role of the Navigator (Changing Futures Programme) is vital to the delivery of these objectives. Following our model, you will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with people with various complex challenges. Most of this work will be outreach into the community, meeting clients where they are at and taking them to relevant appointments.
You will need to assess their needs, devise support plans and link in with other agencies to deliver this support. To do this, you will need to successfully engage with the clients, build a relationship and gain their trust. You will also need to breakdown barriers that exist between your clients and professional services.
You will need to assist the client to access this support. Every case will be different and each will have a unique plan with the service user at the heart of it. Caseloads will be small and support will be intensive and long-term. We want to make a positive, long-term difference to people’s lives, that they can sustain.
Asset Based Community Development is an underpinning ethos of the work of Red Rose Recovery. We look to uncover both our staff and client’s skills and abilities, building up their strengths, as opposed to always focusing on their deficits or what may be wrong in their life.
As a Navigator, you will be expected to work with the most complex of our clients, whilst also offering supervisory support to one of our Peer Support Workers. You will be expected to support these staff with their client assessments, and development of their support plans.
You will be expected to maintain detailed, accurate records for each client on our internal database and work towards agreed, realistic targets.
You will reach out to other services in the community, develop links and build networks that you can utilise for referral pathways and share your knowledge with colleagues within the team.
You will also be expected to be an advocate for Red Rose Recovery and The Lancashire User Forum.
To apply for these posts, you must have lived experience of facing multiple disadvantage such as addiction (in particular substance misuse), mental illness, the criminal justice system, homelessness, ACE’s, domestic abuse etc.
- To contact, engage and build relationships with clients, assess and identify their needs in consultation with them and develop a support plan relevant to their needs
- To work through this support plan, liaising with other agencies and supporting the client to access these services
- To provide supervisory support to a Peer Support Worker
- To support a Peer Support Worker in their role, assisting in all aspects of their role, but with particular emphasis on their client assessments and support plans
- To build networks with other agencies who can add additional support to our clients in line with their support plan
- To support clients into other Red Rose Recovery groups and activities
- To maintain detailed, accurate notes and add these into our internal database
- To report to your Team Leader, reporting on progress of your clients and those of the Peer Support Worker
- To liaise with the wider Red Rose Recovery team, supporting the needs of our members and volunteers within the community.
- To work with Red Rose Recovery partner organisations to ensure the best use of time and resources.
- To raise awareness of the work of Red Rose Recovery by promoting a good public image.
- Taking part in, supporting and helping to grow the Lancashire User Forum
- To work in accordance with all Red Rose Recovery policies and procedures.
- Ensure any safeguarding disclosures are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with Red Rose Recovery policy
- Ensure health and safety compliance at all times.
- To be a strong member of the team and act as an ambassador for Red Rose Recovery and the Lancashire User Forum
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
- To establish and maintain a positive working relationship with service providers, commissioners, stakeholders and other partner agencies.
- To undertake training as identified via personal development planning process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Richard on 07921 808 656 or at email@example.com
Download the full Job Specification here: Senior Peer Support Worker Job Specification
You can apply online directly through the website by hitting 'Apply Now' or alternatively, you can download the application form by clicking here and once completed, please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org