Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager
Employer: Red Rose Recovery
Base: Preston, Lancashire
Hours: Part-time - 25 hours/week (9.30 - 14.30)
Salary: £23,400 (pro-rata)
Red Rose Recovery, a leading charity supporting individuals in addiction and mental health, is seeking a highly organized and proactive Office Assistant to join our dedicated team. You will play a vital role in providing efficient and professional administrative support, ensuring the smooth running of our office, and empowering our staff to focus on delivering crucial services to those in need.
Background to Red Rose Recovery
Red Rose Recovery (RRR) was established as a charity in 2012 and has become nationally recognised as a pioneering organisation in developing recovery systems and creating opportunities for people affected by substance misuse, offending behaviours and mental health. We operate across Lancashire and Cumbria and work with a wide range of partner organisations in many different settings to build accessible and inclusive pathways for personal development and recovery. 95% of our staff have personal experience of multiple disadvantages and they provide inspiration and hope to people who are still struggling to find a way forward. RRR also supports and helps co-ordinate the Lancashire User Forum which is the UK’s largest mutual aid forum and active service user group delivering community action and recovery support across the county.
All Essential Criteria
- Phone and Email Management: Answer and direct phone calls, screen and prioritize emails, and handle general enquiries with courtesy and professionalism.
- Document Management: Create and edit letters, contracts, reports, and other documents using Microsoft Office or similar software. Maintain accurate and organized filing systems (mostly digital).
- Inventory Management: Order and maintain office supplies, ensuring we have the necessary resources to operate effectively.
- Supporting the Office Manager/Head of People and Culture when required, with People/HR administrative responsibilities such as recruitment, DBS, Bright HR, employee benefits/wellbeing etc
- Minute taking
- Travel Arrangements: Book travel and accommodation for staff within budget and time constraints.
- Undertaking other duties commensurate to their role
All Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft software or similar software
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
As an employee of Red Rose Recovery, you’ll get to work in a supportive environment, with various opportunities to upskill and develop through training, and have access to various organisation benefits such as:
- Enrolment onto the organisation’s Health Care Plan.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Access to counselling.
- Travel expense allowances.
- Access to the Blue Light Card, which provides discounts at various retailers online and on the high-street.
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata) as standard with the option to buy up to 5 additional days, plus English public holidays.
- Pension scheme.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Lauren on Lauren@RedRoseRecovery.org.uk - Or give our head office a call on 01772 821440.
You can find the full job specification by clicking here.
You can apply online directly through the website by hitting Apply Now or alternatively, you can download the application form by clicking here and once completed, please return it to Lauren@RedRoseRecovery.org.uk